Friday, December 30, 2011

the lone bird

as i drive down the road I look up and see a lone bird flying,

alone high in the blue clear sky.


where are its friends? what is its destination and destiny?


its wings flap in the wind and it glides back and forth,

crossing above me from side to side.


one moment on this side of the road, a moment later on the other side.


as the road turns, I look away for a moment and back again, and you are not there.


i wonder and worry where have you gone.


yet I look up again, searching and there you are once more.


what is you goal and who you are, most likely i will never know.


and most certain you know not that i have been watching you fly.


yet even as my car drives on, but for these few moments in time

you have inspired me to look up and to think of going beyond.


though i am now in the safety of my home, in my mind you are still flying in the sky

gliding high in the wind, a message to me to remember and keep.

No comments: