an orphan the parents passed on young
whether killed in a violent death or died in illness
...the orphan is born in a vacuum that he can never fill
swayed with every wind that blows,
grows ... who knows how with every rain that falls.
how can a seed grow into a tree when the roots are not there?
possible wild and chaotic ...you'll never know.
a silent scream and quite storm brewing....
waiting ...waiting ....for the parent that will never come home...
waiting....waiting ... for the pain to go ...
for the emptiness to be filled.... for the ignorance to be turned to knowledge
nor study ...nor marriage...nor success ...nor faith... can heal the orphans broken heart ...
to know that which they have never known...to look and see from where they come.
the miracle and blessing of children from g-d heal a bit the open wound .
become the parent you do not remember .... father mother u never knew...
be to ur children what u envisioned ur parent were whether they where so or not
learn from being an orphan and make them happy and raise them right and you too will
be finally set firm in your life knowing that the ship has not faltered and the tree has not bent...
the root has sprouted and the seed has given off the new fruit of life.
3 comments:
Dear Rabbi!
I just read your poem. It is wonderful, and I can say it without any exaggeration. Keep up the posting of your poems, I will always eagerly await them!
Your congregant,
Gabor Mandler
Dear Rabbi!
I've just read your poem and I liked it a lot! It is beautiful, it really shows what you meant to express. Please keep up posting your poems here, I will eagerly await them.
Gabor Mandler
Post a Comment